Come for a full day of workshops.
Reserve your seat today!
Why Taro Can't Talk (And What We Can Do About it)
Too many of our students spend years in English classes, yet are unable to use English. This presentation will look briefly at the fundamental weakness of EFL instruction in Japan. It will then show how English can be taught effectively by demonstrating activities designed for small classes of children, teenagers and adults.
Peter Warner has been teaching EFL to students of all ages in Nagoya, Japan since 1991. He is a Christian, American, and English language teacher, and in that order. His EFL interest is in applying Linguistic Phonics to teaching reading and writing, and developing effective materials for teaching Japanese students, as seen online here and here.
• Date: (Sunday) February 17, 2013
• Times: 09:30 - 10:00 Registration
10:00 - 12:00 Part 1 (Peter Warner)
12:00 - 13:15 Lunch
13:15 - 15:15 Part 2 (Peter Warner)
• Venue: WINC Aichi, Rm 1305
• Fee: 5,000 yen (register with a friend = 4,000 yen per attendee)
• Reservations: Required (max. 35 seats available). Contact Joshua Myerson.